WIN AN SPD BOOK!!!!
Even if you weren't at the AWP in Chicago, you can win an SPD book in our...
AWP BAD POEM CONTEST
You may think it’s easy to write a bad poem, but is it really? How bad can you be?
SPD will award the SPD book of your choice (up to $30) for the worst poem in each category. Shipping included.
Please select from one of the categories below and write the worst poem you can. Send to laura (at) spdbooksdotorg. Be sure to indicate the category the poem belongs to, and also include your name, email, and address.
- Worst haiku
- Worst Language poem
- Worst workshop poem
- Worst poem mentioning your mother
- Worst sonnet
- Worst poem intended to lead to sex
- Worst poem using the words rainbow, mist, luminous, crystal, and anemone
- Worst poem using the word capitalism
- Worst Flarf poem (Complexly, this poem needs to be good.)
- Worst poem using chance operations
- Worst postmodern lyric
- Worst New Formalist poem
At least one winner will be selected in each category. Contest ends February 20, 2009. Winners will be announced soon after. Poems will be judged by bad poetry experts on the SPD staff.